21 May 2016

The community of hope - PJ Harvey

The community of hope - PJ Harvey
One of the... well, probably THE most anticipated 2016 album (by me) was for sure PJ's new work, which was actually supposed to be released last year. Five years after her last work, 'Let England shake', which I didn't immediately fall in love with but which has grown a lot inside of me over the years, I was expecting something special. PJ is usually an artist who, over the course of her career, has made consecutive albums that were often quite different from one another, so I was quite surprised to listen to 'The hope six demolition project' and to find out that it sounded like 'Let England Shake' 2. I haven't been particularly positively struck by it for now, but given that it really sounds similar to its predecessor, especially in terms of sounds and concept, I am waiting for it to walk the same path. In the meanwhile, this is the second single (if such things still exists) released off it, which I have started to greatly enjoy lately! I hope you like it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment