9 Jun 2016

Busindre reel - Hevia

Busindre reel - Hevia
Tere, my dear readers! I am writing to you from Tallinn, the first stop of the latest of the countless trips I've been taking in this 2016! The city (a big town) is cute and nice, but it just takes you 3 hours to see it all, the old town centre at least (and I guess there's not much else to explore). If I were to sum up this one day visit in one word, I think I'd use chillywind. I didn't expect to feel so cold (and sometimes warm at the same time), to the point that I decided to behave like a local and went on into a sauna to heat back up my bones! Coming back to the central square I found a kind of folk music festival, with people singing and dancing to local, traditional music. It's been nice and entertaining, and it helps me introduce my latest discovery, which is actually a song most of you (and me) knew already, personally I just didn't know its title nor its composer, but I can safely state that it's one of the most famous celtic ballads (?) around, at least in Europe. Give it a try if the title/composer aren't familiar to you and you might as well find yourself saying "Aaah, yeah, that one!".


No comments:

Post a Comment