8 Nov 2013

Parole forti - Nathalie

Well, today I'm gonna do something pretty unusual for this blog, i.e. I'm gonna feature a song in Italian. Yes, Italian is my mother-tongue, Italy my home country but I must say I'm not a huge fan of Italian music (at all). There are very few IT singers I really love and Nathalie is one of them: she is a half Italian / half Belgian singer-songwriter who won the Italian version of X-Factor in 2010. Unlike most of the "talents" taking part to the program, she was already a professional singer and composer (she was the only competitor presenting a fresh new song written by herself for the finals). Her pop/rock style is inspired by some of the great female singer/composers such as Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell and PJ Harvey. She sings in Italian, English and even French sometimes; recently she released her second album and this one is coming directly out of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment