17 Feb 2016

Professional widow - Tori Amos

Professional widow - Tori Amos
It's been a while since I felt this shitty... unfortunately I haven't learned yet how to keep my expectations from rising up to ceiling whenever something good happens to me. This time though I don't think I have a big fault, it's just that realising that a person doesn't care about you nearly as much as you wished and hoped is never a happy thing to find out.
It's been a while since I felt the need to go and listen to 'Boys for Pele' as 'Boys for Pele', as the strongest and deepest and darkest album I know, the one I go to when I need to exacerbate my bad feelings so that I can get them out of myself. "Can't forget the things you never said" sings Tori in 'Blood roses', the most powerful song for me, the one that most vividly represents what this album means to me. Thanks goodness there's Tori to go to in times like this!

"Give me Peace
Love
Peace
Love
Gimme Peace
Love
And a hard
Cock"


No comments:

Post a Comment