9 Jan 2015

See you when you're 40 - Dido

See you when you're 40 - Dido
I don't know why, but I found myself listening to more and more Dido today, first only on the computer, than also with my ipod (and my new bluetooth earphones I got for my graduation!) walking in the streets of town and then cleaning home and finally also with my old ipod while having a quick shower! I still can't figure out what the trigger was, but I found myself having her song 'Go dreaming' in my head, and so it all started from there! I didn't even remember I posted a song of hers already a few days ago, and then I realised that I've been mainly focusing on her latest album, that is also my least favourite, and on her first album, which I love unconditionally. A love that is (almost) equally directed towards her second album, Life for rent, which I spent my whole teenage years listening to. I thus wanted to post 'I'm no angel' out of her debut, but I wanted to give some room to Life for rent more, and so here I am with See you when you're 40, a song that I remember I liked at the very beginning, then it kind of got lost just to be found again and fully understood and appreciated just in the last few years, to become one of the songs I love a lot (like, a lot!) on an album that I love a lot (like, a lot!). The song is about Dido struggling to end her relationship with a man she's attracted to but who is not good for her, up to the point when she finally decides that it's time to leave. Of course I didn't understand it fully when I was younger, I only loved the melody, but now I do and it's even more beautiful in my ears!


No comments:

Post a Comment