12 Jan 2015

#sundayrevival Halo - Florence + the Machine

Halo - Florence + the Machine
It's (3 hours and a half past) sunday, so it's (still) time for a sundayrevival post! Given that all the music I've been listening to in the last few days is either not old enough for this or from singers I have already posted about recently, it seemed to me that the only source of inspiration that I could get from is the USB key I have in my car, with a few dozen of some of my all-time favourite songs. What have I been listening to recently? The only song that comes to my mind is this beautiful, beautiful cover. Premise: I loved Halo as a song (goodness bless Ryan Tedder) since it got out. After I discovered this cover during my utmost-love-for-Florence period a few years ago, at first I was kind of disoriented, but after a couple of listens I totally fell in love with it and now I can't even get to listen to the "original" version... just to say that in my opinion this is one of the most amazing and magic things I have ever listened to! If you feel disoriented too, listen to it again. And then once again. And then you'll never be able to stop...


No comments:

Post a Comment