29 Jan 2015

Wabi sabi - The Ting Tings

Wabi sabi - The ting tings
Since their breakout hit Great DJ, I have always had a great love for The Ting Tings, loved a number of tracks on their debut album, loved almost the entirety of their sophomore Sounds of nowheresville and so I was highly anticipating their next work, which came out a few weeks ago. I must confess I've not been particularly drawn to the first single out of it, released last summer, and after a few listens I'm not so enthusiastic about the whole album either. The one song that hit me was this Wabi sabi, which is an unusual pick for an electro-synthpop-dance band's 80-disco-inspired album (it's kind of a ballad)... but it is what it is, it's my currently favourite pick out of Super critical, and I'm sharing it with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment