17 Mar 2016

Josephine - The wallflowers

Josephine - The wallflowers
New music on the way: I approached the band headed by Bob Dylan's son soon after I got to know them at an extracurricular course in "History of pop/rock music" I attended in university in late 2012. I approached their second album in the last few days and I have already bonded with this lovely song! For those among you who don't know their music, it's classic american rock. At least, that's what it feels to me. I started listening to 'Counting crows' in the same period as 'The wallflowers' and their music is quite similar in terms of genre in my opinion. It's not my favourite genre, as these usually long rock ballads tend to bore me a little, but nonetheless there are particular times when (and songs that) I enjoy quite a bit. It's also funny as I remember linking one of my favourite 'Counting crows' songs (Anna begins) to Lisbon, as I heard a musician playing it live in the streets of the city when I first visited it in 2013. Funny thing: I'm leaving for Lisbon again tomorrow (well, today to be precise). American rock, ladies songs, similar bands, Lisbon... the circle is closed!


No comments:

Post a Comment