7 Mar 2016

Son of god - Will Butler

Son of god - Will Butler
Today I open our mailbox and found a leaflet by Jehovah's witnesses, there was written on it something about going together to paradise or else, not that I was much interested in it... at all. Sometimes I think about it and I am amazed by the fact that our society is so advanced under many points of view but still so backward under many others. In my opinion, religion is one of them. My perception is that religions has always been a way for men to explain what they weren't able to understand with supernatural entities. I think that nowadays our understanding of the laws of nature and of the world around us is, if still very much limited, much better than it used to be, say, 2000 years ago. So I find it very peculiar that religion (as organised cult, especially those that were born or evolved from centuries and centuries ago) still is so powerful and religious leaders still hold such a strong influence on so many people. I'm not denying spirituality, rather I think that it is a very, very important part of the human experience. I am just stunned that many people still live their spirituality following teachings so old. But don't worry, the son of god will come down and guide us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment