15 May 2014

A case of you - Joni Mitchell

I drew a map of Canada, oh Canada, with your face sketched on it twice...

A case of you - Joni Mitchell
I think today is the perfect day for posting my favourite Joni Mitchell song, which was playing in my head when I woke up (two minutes ago). Last night I stayed up until past 3 to finish watching the last season of Desperate Housewives and I must say that now I am feeling a bit sad. In fact after 8 seasons of series it would've been quite impossible to not tie with the characters and now I feel that hole inside of me that I always feel when getting to the end of a great and engaging book or series, feeling like a part of your world has ceased to exist. This is the good thing about music, that it doesn't tear you apart like this, because you can always go back and listen to a song or an album! Anyway, this last DH season was not the best one in my opinion, I didn't like some plot twists and it's probably good that they put an end here; yet the finale is fulfilling and satisfactory, if a bit sad, as it reminds you that nothing is forever and that you have to keep moving with your life, you can't take for granted that anything will always be there... remember though that every life is "oh, so wonderful" no matter what!

Oh, you're in my blood like holy wine 
You taste so bitter and so sweet


No comments:

Post a Comment