14 May 2014

I was everyone - Joan as Police Woman

I was everyone - Joan as Police Woman
She ran the risk of passing by unnoticed (and she almost did), but luckily enough this didn't happen! As you might recall, I started listening to Joan just before her concert in Exeter which, for various circumstances (mainly my laziness and not sufficiently developed interest), I didn't attend in the end. I'm not regretting this decision, I wasn't ready for a concert of her then and most probably I wouldn't be now. Yet I'm not implying that I didn't like her music, rather... Ok, she didn't strike me so strong in such a little time, but the number of singers/bands who did is very, very limited. I have just been listening to one album by her (2011's The Deep Field) and some songs did catch my attention after a few plays. This is one of them, actually the last one that got in my mind and one that I still enjoy (a lot) after a few weeks, making it probably the single most important reason why my listening to Joan has been a positive experience. So, well... stand up and be heard!


No comments:

Post a Comment