9 Jul 2014

Fucked my way up to the top - Lana del Rey

Fucked my way up to the top - Lana del Rey
Today is one of these days... yes, I gathered all my strengths and my courage and I started tidying up the big wardrobe in my room! And well... mission completed! I have thrown away many empty paper boxes, notebooks, other useless stuff and in the process I stopped a while to quickly read through my school diaries of the first years of high school. It's been a bit of a nostalgic moment, especially when I got to the first days of the first year... it's been such a long time ago, I was practically a kid (and I would've kept on being one for a long time since... I think still now I am not completely over that!) and looking back, everything looked naive and peculiar. Many of the things I wrote, drew, sticked, noted, I still remember them as vividly as when they were impressed on paper foreve... for a long long time! And reading back, thinking back of who I used to be and who I still (partly) am and of how much I have... not changed, but matured, evolved... it really strikes me! In the last few weeks I have been thinking that university started 5 years ago, it seems like it was yesterday! And going even more back, to the beginning of high school... that's like 10 years ago! Wow! It's a tough thought, but it also give me pleasure in seeing how far I've come since there, I really feel like I 'fucked' my way up to the top and well, here where I am now, it's just the beginning!


2 comments:

  1. she once again surprised that song quite daring

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, quite explicit but still charming when she sings it as she knows how to!

    ReplyDelete