6 Jul 2014

#sundayrevival 50 watt - Hooverphonic

It's sunday and, guess what? It's #sundayrevival time too! I am currently watching the Silverstone F1 GP but the race has been suspended just after the first lap due to a crash and it still has to restart, so I am taking advantage of the time I have to write the post for today! I wanted to have a meaningful sundayrevival and I have been scrolling down my library to find a song that was about to hit the 100 plays goal and, well... I found this! I have been utterly in love with Hooverphonic for a long time, in particular lots of deep love are directed towards their 2007 album 'The President of the LSD Golf Club', the one that made me go beyond Mad about you and that helped me fall in love with the band, just before the historic lead singer Geike left the band. The commercial performance of this album, especially in Italy and especially if compared to the resonance of Mad about you, has been, I'd say, disappointing at best. Yet I think the album is very good, maybe even better than its predecessors in terms of overall quality of the songs and of homogeneity. This is still one of the stand-outs for me and it makes perfect sense to share it with you! Have a great sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment