25 Nov 2014

Heart skipped a beat - The XX

Heart skipped a beat - The XX
I have been spiraling back into the XX mood in the last couple of days, don't remember exactly how or why, I remember it happened through the song Infinity, which has then kept coming back to me, but also thru others, such as this awesome one. I have a peculiar story of this song, as it is one of the last I started liking from their debut album, which I fell in love with at the beginning of 2013, when I approached them. Intro, Crystalised, Infinity, Stars and so on, one by one they each found a special place inside my heart. But not Heart skipped a beat. I mean, this song already stands out on its own, as it's the only one with a title longer than one or two words in their discography. I don't know why it went unobserved for a while, but then the magic happened: the last stop of the Study Tour, the amazing two weeks I spent in the US doing a field project on the influence of music on the Midwest society, was New Orleans and I vividly remember entering a frozen yogurt place with a few friends that were on the trip with me, one of those places where you can put all kinds of stuff on the yogurt (yummy!), and after I started eating my yogurt this song played on the radio, followed by one of Phoenix, which I started listening to in that same period. It really struck me, and since then Hsab found its own special place in my heart too.


No comments:

Post a Comment